14 January 2009

Things

I was in a car accident a week ago. That was fun. And by fun I mean not fun at all. It was about 4:15 in the morning (because that's the insanely early time that I have to go to work) and it was icy. Well, I was getting ready to pull off the interstate, hit a patch of ice and tried for about a quarter mile to gain control of my car. End result: spun around across all five lanes of traffic and slammed the back end into the median. I was incredibly lucky for two reasons. 1) I was not going that fast and 2) because it was so early there were no other cars around and so I didn't hit anyone else in the process. My car was totaled and I had some pretty unpleasant whiplash and back spasms for the next several days. Did I mention that this wasn't fun?

I dyed my hair again. It's basically the same color as before but since it had faded so much there is a huge difference.

I start class tomorrow. I have books and e-mail and tomorrow I will have an ID (they told me I had to wait 24-hours for my name change to go into effect in the ID system). I have a rough plan of what I want to do about my education. I have goals!

I got a second job. At [redacted]. I've worked it out with Bread Co to maintain a 30-plus hour week but only work four days so that I can work here one day and one evening a week. It'll be nice to have a job I enjoy again. I have hung out here probably five times in the last week, it is just that cool.

That's pretty much it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah! 2Schae is right below my boss's apartment, I believe. Cool!

I'm still really glad that you're okay. What are you doing about a/your car?