23 September 2008

New Music

Well. New to me anyway.

A few years ago I was in the car with my friend and former coworker Josh and we listened to this band called Cornershop and, even though I liked it, I hadn't really thought about since then. Well, a few months ago I spent a ridiculous amount of time in Slackers (for the St Louis challenged, its a used music/video game/random store) and saw their album When I Was Born for the 7th Time. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure it was the same one I listened to before and because I just don't buy music without a little bit of research. Last Friday I was up super early and was tooling around on the internet before I had to go to the bus stop and decided "What the hey?" might as well broaden my musical horizons.

So long boring story. But I really kind of like it. It's a weird mix of Indian music, hip-hop elements, pop and general funkiness. Plus the last song is Norwegian Wood (in Hindi).

No comments: