11 September 2009

NFL Picks, Week One

So. Brian used to do his picks on his blog every week and although he is not doing that anymore, I thought I'd keep the tradition alive. Only my picks will be based almost entirely on who has the better mascot/logo. It's got to be at least as accurate as any other way.

TEN vs PIT: Technically, this game happened yesterday. But since no one in their right mind would pick the Titans over the reigning Super Bowl champions, I'm counting this as a win for me. Pittsburgh
MIA vs ATL: This is a bit of a toss-up for me since neither the falcons nor the dolphins is a particularly exciting mascot. But since I think the Atlanta logo looks better, I'm going to pick them. Atlanta.
KC vs BAL: This one's easy. Ravens definitely better than the chiefs, mascot wise. Baltimore.
PHI vs CAR: On the one hand, I personally like the Carolina logo better. On the other hand, I think the Eagles might be a better team. On the other hand (yes I have three hands), the Eagles signed Michael Vick who is a bit of dog killing asshole. So, just for kicks I'm going to go with Carolina.
DEN vs CIN: The Bengals are a totally better mascot than the Broncos, unfortunately their logo is a bit lame. Hmm...plus they probably won't win cause they're just that bad. Then again, Brian might be upset with me if I didn't pick them to win so...Cincinnati.
MIN vs CLE: Here's another hard one. The Browns is a terrible name for a team. Then again the Vikings signed Brett Favre who I personally believe needs to just give up. I mean, dude, seriously, you're old and past your prime. Let it go. So I have to go with Cleveland.
NYJ vs HOU: Just to be contrary, even though I know the Texans will probably lose, I like their logo better. Houston
JAC vs IND: Again, the Jaguars logo is better, but I know they are a much worse team and have lost their last three (I think) games against the Colts. In this case though I'm going with Indianapolis.
DET vs NO: No contest here really. New Orleans.
DAL vs TB: There are too many teams, so from now on I'm just going to give my picks and forget the commentary. Tampa Bay
SF vs ARI: Arizona. Also, duh because they were in the Super Bowl last year and I can't remember the last time the 49ers were any good
WAS vs NYG: New York.
STL vs SEA: Hmm...my adopted home town team or my former "home town" (being the closest team to Vancouver)? Decisions, decisions. Seattle
CHI vs GB: Da bears.
BUF vs NE: New England. I mean seriously, who would pick Buffalo?
SD vs OAK: Another no brainer. San Diego.

That's all folks. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.