19 September 2009

NFL Picks, Week Two

Last week, using my fantastical tactic of picking pro football game winners based almost entirely on their mascots, I compiled a record of 9-7. I'll keep track of my cumulative record throughout the season unless I get sick of this.

On to the picks!
CAR at ATL - This is a difficult choice - they have equally good logos. However, the Atlanta home uniform of black pants (slimming!) with black shirts and red trim is a far better choice, fashion-wise. Falcons.
MIN at DET - I hate Brett Favre. I hate him - I hate him! But the likelihood is that he'll win, because it's the Lions, and the Vikings do have a better logo than Detroit. Vikings
CIN at GB - I don't like the Packers, either, but I know they'll probably win, because it's the Bengals. But I do like the Bengals' leaping kitty logo! Bengals
ARI at JAX - I have faith in Kurt Warner, because he's old and still playing, but not as annoying as Brett Favre. Cardinals.
OAK at KAN - The Chiefs' logo is really hideous, and the Raiders made a show of it last week against the apparently-overrated Chargers. Plus, the Chiefs don't have Dick Vermiel anymore, who amused me because he always looked like he had to poop, but did win a Super Bowl with one team and took another to one 20 years before. So, Raiders to win.
NE at NYJ - Cut-off hoodies for the win. Patriots.
NO at PHI - The Saints have a better uniform. I don't like that green crap the Eagles wear - what is that, sea foam? It's just as bad as the Seahawks (more on this later). Saints.
HOU at TEN - Houston still has a better logo. I like the flag inside the longhorn skull. Brian tells me the Titans are a much better team, but I don't care. I know the Texans suck, but still pick them. Texans.
STL at WAS - I have a whole lot of "meh" for this game. I guess Rams.
SEA at SFO - I really hate the 49ers' uniforms. Gold pants? What is this, the 70s? Is this Studio 54? No, this is the NFL. Lucky for the Seahawks they'll be wearing their road whites! Seahawks.
TB at BUF - That frickin' buffalo is pretty ugly. You can't deny that. Buccaneers.
PIT at CHI - In this case, you have the choice of weird sparkly painty bits in a white circle versus a boring orange "C." OooOOoOOoOOOoooOOOo. Steelers.
CLE at DEN - It's the Browns. There's nothing exciting about them whatsoever, so I have to always pick against them. And the Browns will probably be terrible, so I have better-than-even odds of being right. Broncos.
BAL at SD - I hate the lightning bolt, so I have to go with the Ravens. Seriously, a lightning bolt? Even the name "Chargers" is kind of lame. What kind of team mascot is a charger? Is it, like, a horse? A supercharger from a car engine? A battery charger? Ravens.
NYG at DAL - Neither logo is a very good choice. But maybe people will keep kicking things into the giant screen, so the Cowboys have a home field advantage there. Cowboys.
IND at MIA - Nobody would pick Miami. Brian tells me they made the playoffs last year. I don't care - it's the dolphins. They may be the most intelligent creatures on earth, but they aren't supposed to be on land, and I'm relatively certain they can't kick a field goal. Colts.

No comments: