24 September 2009

Sleep Deprivation is Fun!

I have entered that wonderful time in pregnancy where sleeping has become extremely difficult. This is for two main reasons. 1) I have to pee all the freakin' time. I mean seriously, four times in one hour. That seems a bit excessive and yet there you go. 2) Whenever I lay down - and I do mean whenever, it could be 2 in the afternoon - baby girl decides that would be the best time to practice her jazzercise routine. Its like a disco in there. I would not be surprised to find that she has hung a miniature mirror ball in my uterus and is doing some sweet moves from Saturday Night Fever.

I was so tired from lack of sleep last Saturday that I was reduced to tears (yes, actual tears) because all I wanted was to take a nap. Just a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. That's all I was asking for. If you don't believe me, ask Brian. It was awful and no, I did not in fact get any sleep that day either.

Perhaps this is my body's way of preparing me for when she's born and doesn't sleep for more than a few hours at a time and my sleep schedule has to correspond with hers. I'm telling you though, I see a very cranky Kirsten for the foreseeable future.

Also, simply by walking one block from my car to the London Tea Room for Knitty Knerds last Friday, I have managed to reinjure my ankle. Its not as bad as when I first hurt it but there are times when I feel shooting pain up my leg. Fun.

Man, I'm such a whiner sometimes.

No comments: