03 November 2009

I hope...

...that my daughter is less needy than my cats. There are some days that I swear if I hear Josephine yowl one more frickin' time I'm going to throw her out the front door and not let her back in again.

On Sunday, we finally put up the door to the basement. It was long process mostly because the door was hung before there was carpeting down there and was therefore not the right size anymore. Now, we have a saw. With a super-special laser pointer leveler thingie (very technical term) but we didn't have a work table. Well, this weekend while I lay on the couch in pain, the husband went to Home Depot and procured one. And then we discovered there weren't enough hinges. So we stole one from the basement closet (also currently doorless) but then once the door was up it didn't fit in the top of the frame properly so it was back to Home Depot for some sand paper. I think it was finally hung around 7 Sunday night.

After feeding the cats that night, we decided we needed to test out the door. Our house doesn't have doors except for on the bathroom and between the main part of the basement and the laundry room; so, the cats are used to having pretty free reign. (Also, I tend to not close the bathroom door all the way unless there is someone over at the house with me so even if I'm say on the toilet or in the shower the cats can come in there with me.) At about 12:30 am I had to get up to go to the bathroom because of tiny pea-sized bladder being crushed by baby. After my return there was much yowling and batting at the door. Oh. My. God. It was among the most annoying things ever. I wanted to strangle cats. I was really enjoying not waking up to roll over and being prevented from doing so by a giant tub of furry lard. Oy. Last night was better we went all the way until 4:30 am before the cats became unbearable and at my 2 am bathroom trip there were no cats huddled next to the door. Here's hoping we can make it all night soon because until baby is older they are not allowed to be in the bedroom/nursery while we are sleeping.



P.S. I would never actually harm my cats but one day I did have to to leave the house because they would not fucking leave me alone.

No comments: